Gang Som Pla (Fish in Sour Soup)
1 whole fish (clean and cut)
1 cup tamarind juice (non-dried tamarind+hot water)
1 cup sliced raw papaya
1 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups water
1 whole fish (small size)
7 dried red chili peppers (throw away the seed)
5 red onions
1 tbsp. shrimp paste
2 tbsp. LOBO gang som paste
1. Ground all the paste ingredients together.
2. Boil the fish for 10 minutes. Take its meat for 1/2 cup. Mix fish meat with the paste.
3. In a different pot, boil the water and add the paste from number 1. Until it’s boiling, add tamarind juice. Try 1/2 cup first. If you like it very sour then add more.
4. Add fish and papaya. Cook for 15 minutes.
8. In a bowl, prepare fresh vegetables (any kind). Pour hot soup with fish over the vegetables. This way will make the vegetable crunchy.