Pork Ribs in Isaan Style Soup in Thai, Gang Si Krong Moo Phak Boong
300 g. soft pork ribs
2 cup cut morning glory (Phak Boong)
1/4 cup fermented fish juice (Pla Rah)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
5 cup stock from pork bone
3 tbsp. fish sauce
2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. concentrated tamarind juice
1/2 tbsp. palm sugar
2 kaffir lime leave
Prepare the paste:
1 tbsp. minced galingale
4 tbsp. finely cut lemongrass
3 kaffir lime leaves
4 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. minced turmeric
1. Ground galingale, lemongrass, garlic and turmeric together and rest them in a cup.
2. Boil fermented fish juice (Pla Rah) in a pot. When Pla Rah is boiling, turn off the fire and pour it on the filter to take just the juice part.
3. Next, heat the pan on medium fire. Add vegetable oil and fry the paste that we prepared from step 1. When the paste has aromatic smell, add stock from pork.
4. After that, add pork ribs. Lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add morning glory, fish sauce, salt, tamarind juice, palm sugar and Pla Rah. Mix well.
5. Make the taste sour and salty. When it is boiling again, throw kaffir lime leaves and turn of the fire