Kao Moo Dang
(Jasmine Rice with Red and Sweet Pork)
Prepare Ingredients for Kao Moo Dang:
- 1 cup (500g) pork with some fat stick to the meat
- 2.4 oz Thai BBQ red pork seasoning
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. cut garlic
- 1 tbsp. Shaoxing cooking wine (or Chingiang vinegar Brand)
- 5 scallions (cut short)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 3 boiled eggs
Khao Moo Dang Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 cup pork broth
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup roasted white sesame
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour mixed with water
Kao Moo Dang Cooking Instructions:
1. Clean the pork very well and mix it with Thai BBQ red pork seasoning, garlic, honey, sesame oil, and Shaoxing cooking wine. Mix well and leave it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
2. Take the pork out. Grill it with medium heat. Dress the juice (from the same bowl) all over the pork while you are cooking it. When it’s cooked, make sure you don’t make it too dry. The pork meat should be soft and juicy.
3. Now, peel off the egg’s shell and clean with water. Use the string to cut the egg into 4 pieces.
4. After that, we will make the red sauce to go with the pork.
5. Boil pork broth until it is boiling.
6. Add light soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup. Mix it together.
7. Pour tapioca flour, which is already dissolved in water, in the pot. Stir until the sauce gets thick. Turn off the fire and then add roasted sesame.
Slice the pork into a big but thin piece. Place the pork and coriander leaves on top of jasmine rice. Put boiled egg, scallion and sliced cucumber on the side. Dress it with red sauce. Black and sweet soy sauce mix with vinegar and pickled chili pepper is your other choice.
You can eat the red sweet pork with soup noodle, yellow noodle and chop sooey from yesterday recipe. 🙂