Manao Dong – Preserved Lemon
20 green lemons
1 cup salt
4 cup water
1. Clean the lemon. Scrape its skin with a rock. (Same kind of rock we use for our skin – pumice)
2. Steam the lemon in boiling water for 15 minutes. Don’t let the lemon’s skin crack.
3. Remove from the stove and leave it cool off.
4. After that, arrange them into a glass jar.
5. Next, boil water with salt on medium-high fire. When the salt is dissolved, then turn off the fire.
6. Pour salted water in the jar while it’s still hot. Seal the jar and keep outside at room temperature for 1 month.
See my next post about how to cook food with preserved lemon tomorrow. 🙂