Thai Food Recipe – Pad Woon Sen
(Stir-fried Glass Noodles)
1 cup big shrimp (peeled, de-veined and cooked)
1 cup cooked shitake mushroom
1 group Chinese celery (cut 1 inch)
1 group scallion (cut 1 inch)
9 oz. glass noodle (bean vermicelli)
½ cup bean sprouts
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
4 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup water
- Soak glass noodle in water for 3 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve. Cook the noodle in boiling water for 2 seconds and drain it again.
- Mix soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce together in one cup.
- Put olive oil in a hot pan and fry minced garlic until it turns little yellow.
- Add shrimp and Shitake mushrooms. Put the mixed sauce and stir.
- Now, lower the fire, add noodle and then mix with the sauce until the noodle turn even brown.
- Add Chinese celery and scallion.
Serve when it is hot with fresh bean sprouts on the side.