Khanom Pang Na Moo – Pork and Bread
5 sliced white plain bread (cut into 4 pieces)
1/2 cup minced pork
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. coriander roots
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. white pepper
2 tbsp. roughly cut coriander leaves
2 cups vegetable oil
4 tbsp. sliced cucumber
2 tbsp. sliced red onion
1 tbsp. sliced chili pepper
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vinegar
2-3 tbsp. hot water
1. Ground garlic, coriander root, white pepper together.
2. In a bowl, mix pork, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and the mix from step 1. Beat the egg and mix it well in a bowl. After that add coriander leaves.
3. Spread the pork on top of plain bread pieces.
4. Now, heat the pan and add vegetable oil. Use medium heat. Wait until it’s hot.
5. When the pan is hot, fry the bread. Sink the pork side into the hot oil first. On low heat, cook that side until it has golden yellow color.
6. Flip the other side and cook until it has tasty color. 🙂
7. After that, remove from the pan and lay them on paper towels.
8. Mix side salad ingredients altogether. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Then add cucumber, red onion and
pepper. Serve in a small cup on a side.
Remember to wait until the oil is hot first before to drop pork bread to fry or the bread will soak up with oil from the pan. 🙂