Fresh Shrimps in Fish Sauce in Thai, Goong Shair Nam Pla
1 pound big shrimp
15 red and green chili peppers (finely minced)
1 tbsp. minced garlic
10 cloves garlic
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. minced coriander root
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 and 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. mint
1. Peel the shrimps but leave the shell by its tail part. Throw away the head and de-veined. Clean it very well.
The shrimps have to be real fresh.
2. Arrange them on a plate.
3. Next, mix chili pepper with minced coriander root and minced garlic. Add fish sauce, sugar and lemon juice. You can add more or less, as the way you like.
4. Place 10 cloves garlic by the shrimps.
5. Now, Cut momordica in half and throw away the inside part. Clean it very well, cut in to thin pieces and soft boil it in boiling water.
6. Put momordica around the shrimps.
7. Pour the sauce we made from step 3 over the shrimps and dress it with mint.
Eating the shrimps fresh and uncooked like that is Thai Isaan Style.