Joke Moo Khai Kem – Fine Boiled Plain Rice with Pork
Preparation for Joke Moo Khai Kem
- Broken Jasmine Grain – 1 cup.
- Pork – 1/2 cup or 300g (minced, with some fat stuck to it).
- Liver – 1/3 cup (soft-boiled). Pig’s Intestine – 1/2 cup (boiled and cut into 2 cm long pieces).
- Salted Eggs – 2.
- Ginger – 1/4 cup, sliced.
- Coriander and Scallion – 1/4 cup, sliced.
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp. Garlic – 2 tbsp., finely crushed.
- White Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Light Soy Sauce – 1/2 cup.
- Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Oyster Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Stock – 4 cups.
1. Boil jasmine rice with water on medium heat. Turn down the heat to low after it is boiling.
2. While we are waiting for the rice to be ready. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, light soy sauce, corn flour, pepper, and garlic to a pork bowl.
3. Knead it well with your hand. Make sure the salty taste doesn’t come from your hands. 😛 haha
4. Add stock to the rice pot. Keep boiling it until the rice is very soft and the soup is thick.
5. After that, roll the pork into a small ball shape. Drop them in the boiling rice pot and cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring and adding stock when the water is quite dry.
6. Turn off the fire when it’s done.
7. Serve in a bowl. Add liver, intestine, coriander, scallion, ginger, and pepper on top. 🙂
This food is influenced by the Chinese. 🙂 It’s a breakfast for many Thai families. Some families cook Boiled Plain Rice Recipe 2, as I will show you tomorrow.