Stuffed Dough Pyramid Dessert in Thai, Kanom Tian
1 kilogram sticky rice flour
3 cups water
8oo gram palm sugar
1/3 cup minced pork
1/2 cup mung bean
2 tbsp. minced coriander roots
1 tbsp. pepper
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup minced onion
1 and 1/2 tbsp. salt
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup vegetable oil to spread on banana leaves
1. Soak mung bean in the water for 30 minutes.
2. Place a white cloth filter in the steam pot. Steam the mung bean for 20 minutes.
3. Ground the bean finely.
4. Ground coriander roots and pepper altogether.
5. Add vegetable oil in the pan and stir-fry the mixed in number 4 until it smells aromatic.
6. Next, add pork and cook for 10 minutes. Then, add grounded mung bean, sugar, salt, and onion. Mix well.
7. Mold it to 1 inch ball.
8. In a pot dissolve the palm sugar with low heat on the stove. After that, leave it cool off and then add sticky rice flour. Knead it until it’s all mixed very well.
9. Leave the dough for 30 minutes. Then, mold it into 1 inch flat round shape, put stuff in the middle and mold it to a round ball.
10. Cut banana leave in 5×7 inches. Spread vegetable oil all over the leaves. Fold banana leave into a cone.
11. Place the ball in side and wrap it. Steam for 45 minutes and remove from the stove.