Kai Dang Kem (Salted Red Egg Yolk)
Kai = chicken or egg. Dang = red. Kem = salty.
Preparation for Kai Dang Kem
Eggs – 20 Duck Eggs
1 cup salt
2 cups clean water
1 big jar
1 big bowl
Salted Duck Egg Cooking Instructions
1. Dissolve salt into the clean water and boil it.
2. When the salt water is boiling, remove it from the stove and leave it to cool off.
3. Pour cool salt water into a big jar.
4. Clean the eggs from the duck very well. Crack them in a big bowl. Then only take a red yolk. Be careful, don’t break the red part.
5. Put red yolk into a jar of cool salt water. Seal it well.
6. Leave the yolk in there for 4-5 days. If you want it to get very salty leave them in a jar for 7 days.
7. After that remove from the jar and leave them in the sun. This way, we can keep it for our next meal 🙂
Ah!! I have left so much white clear part!! Never mind, let’s use that on my face. It smelled bad but it helped my face look nicer! haha! Now you see what’s really important here. 😛